Tuesday, July 6, 2010

BEAR!!

I saw my first bear today!! I was running on a trail this evening with the dogs when this bear came right out onto the path infront of me. It was a pretty big bear; I'd say it was slightly taller than my Honda Civic. He was a rolly-polly brown bear and he struck me as being kind of cute as he scampered off into the woods. I'm sure he would not have looked so endearing if he'd decided to charge at me, but the barking dogs scared him away. There have been times this week when I've been slightly frustrated with these dogs, but I now appreciate them immensely. I'm not sure what would have happened if I'd come face to face with that bear while by myself. I didn't get any pictures unfortunately, but hopefully one will show up while I'm hiking one of these days!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie== I don't need to see any pictures...... just turn around and head the other way!!
    From your mother

    ReplyDelete